AnyEvent::TLS::init takes a long time on modern Win32

Henrik Pauli henrik.pauli at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 17:39:08 CEST 2015

Hi all,

Recently we noticed a strange occurrence with our software starting up
very slowly, but only on Win 7 and later.  After juggling around with
the code a little bit, it turns out that AnyEvent::TLS::init is taking a
long while (as mentioned in the documentation, that it may do so).
Oddly enough, Windows XP is unaffected.  Linuxes of course work like a
charm as well.

Anyone else ran into this before?  Maybe an idea what could cause this?

The Windows XP build machine is running ActivePerl 5.12.4 and AnyEvent 7.05.