On Windows ActiveState perl, AnyEvent can't load EV

Zsbán Ambrus ambrus at math.bme.hu
Thu Aug 29 16:26:25 CEST 2013

Hi.

I am trying to use AnyEvent on an ActiveState perl 5.16.1 installation
on windows 7.  I have installed AnyEvent and EV (and other modules)
from ActivePerl's binary repository.  Now it appears that AnyEvent
cannot automatically load the EV module, but if I pre-load EV, then
AnyEvent can use it.  Below is some output showing the problem.

Could you advise me what I am doing wrong?

Ambrus

e:\ambrus\f\kozlek>perl -v

This is perl 5, version 16, subversion 1 (v5.16.1) built for MSWin32-x64-multi-t
hread

Copyright 1987-2012, Larry Wall

Binary build 1601 [296175] provided by ActiveState http://www.ActiveState.com
Built Aug 30 2012 18:41:50

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using "man perl" or "perldoc perl".  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

e:\ambrus\f\kozlek>perl -we "use EV; use AnyEvent; warn AnyEvent->VERSION; warn
EV->VERSION;"
7.05 at -e line 1.
4.15 at -e line 1.

e:\ambrus\f\kozlek>perl -we "use EV; use AnyEvent; warn AnyEvent::detect();"
AnyEvent::Impl::EV at -e line 1.

e:\ambrus\f\kozlek>perl -we "use AnyEvent; warn AnyEvent::detect();"
Too late to run CHECK block at C:/ActivePerl5.16-amd64/site/lib/EV.pm line 123.
AnyEvent::Impl::EV at -e line 1.

e:\ambrus\f\kozlek>