Am I being stupid?

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Sun Jul 21 22:40:08 CEST 2013

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 07:39:17PM +0100, Dirk Koopman <djk at tobit.co.uk> wrote:
> using my "official" ipv6 address of 2a00:9080:1:5cf::1 and also the
> link address (as below). They both give the same error.

You can't get the error you pasted when specifying the 2a00: address, and the
fe80: address doesn't have global scope, and won't work for that reason.

If you really get the same message, then most likely you are not binding to
2a00: when you think you are.

Otherwise, you'll have to find out what exactly goes wrong - strace might
help.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de