AnyEvent::Socket and Windows

Henrik Pauli henrik.pauli at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 14:23:17 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I ran into a little issue with AnyEvent::Socket under Win32, which,
while it turned out to be a result of us overriding $SIG{__DIE__}, I
think it might still be worth a mention.  Of course, the problem can be
solved with locally undefining the signal handler, so it's not really an
issue.

There's the code on line 582, where you define $sa_un_zero with an eval.
  This eval catches a die on Win32 (because there's no
Socket::pack_sockaddr_un), but in the case of a $SIG{__DIE__} override
it runs the callback (and in our case, exits the application).  Judging
from how there's no AF_UNIX on Win32, maybe this call just shouldn't be
attempted at all.

So I wonder if replacing (or augmenting) the eval {} with an unless
AnyEvent::WIN32 would make any sense.