AnyEventX Namespace?

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Sat Sep 8 10:08:07 CEST 2012

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 11:46:04AM -0700, Mike Schilli <anyevent at perlmeister.com> wrote:
> If I want to push an AnyEvent-based module to CPAN, which namespace
> should I use?

An appropriate one, preferably a descriptive one.

That does mean that, if your module is not primarily _for_ AnyEvent, it
should not even have AnyEvent in it's name. If you want to emphasize that
it does something in a way compatible/helpful/etc. to AnyEvent then by all
means you can put AnyEvent in the name.

> Is there something like AnyEventX to distinguish core modules from 3rd
> party add-ons?

If you wish to use AnyEventX that is fine with me - anyevent doesn't
prescribe or even ask for any particular namespace. Most modules seem to
call themselves something like AnyEvent::XXX, though, so maybe that is
what people expect most.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de