END block ignored while run_cmd() is executing

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue Apr 10 07:41:04 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 11:14:07AM -0400, Fulko Hew <fulko.hew at gmail.com> wrote:
> it seems that while run_cmd() is executing... if I
> (for example) send it a INT signal, the INT signal is
> caught, but the END block doesn't get executed.  If I
> wait for the run_cmd() to finish and then press CTL C,
> the END block _is_ executed.

I tried your example with the pure-perl loop, EV, Event, POE and Glib,
with and without Async::Interrupt, and whether I wait 5 seconds or not, I
always get:

   catcher called with 'INT'
   INSIDE END BLOCK

My guess is that your problem is elsewhere (tty settings, shell, terminal
emulator...), or maybe your test program works on your system, too?

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de